Do you have a roller coaster relationship with food??
As you work on changing how you experience food, you may notice bad body thoughts remain. Will it always be this tough??
Listen now for thoughts from Julie and her guest psychotherapist Nicole Christina.
- Always have HOPE!
- The way to heal our relationship with our body is via repairing our culture.
- Myth of solid wall of misery via Sharon Salzberg: These feelings eb and flow. They are more like storm clouds and you will get a break. The dark clouds are not the sky. The sky is still there.
- During days with lots of negative body image keep in mind that those feelings won’t last.
- Buddhist techniques can help you make steps forward. Notice WHY bad body thoughts happen.
- You don’t have to be hijacked by feelings.
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER.
- Nicole Christina LCSW <– Check out her YouTube videos and online course: Diets Don’t Work!
- Embrace film by Tara Brumfitt
- Tara Brach: RAIN meditation
- The Slow Down Diet by Marc David
- Rick Hanson PhD
- Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.