Are you struggling to find a peaceful relationship with food? Do you just want to feel normal again around food? Do you feel like food is taking up too much of your brain space? Listen now to get tips on how to handle this part of the Food Peace™ journey.
This episode is brought to you by my online course, Your Step-by-Step Guide to PCOS and Food Peace™. Sign up now to get on the waitlist for the next enrollment period in April, and receive my FREE road map: Your First 3 Steps Toward Food Peace™ with PCOS. You CAN make peace with food even with PCOS and I want to show you how.
Check out the whole Love Food Podcast store here. All T-Shirt designs have at least one with size range options from XS to 5X. All proceeds go to funding this labor of love to keep it as a free resource for you.
Product links may be affiliate. If you click and make a purchase, there’s no extra cost to you.
The transcribed episode can be found here.
Episode’s Key Points:
- Food is an ultimate connector! It helps us to define our culture, family, and community.
- Health at Every Size was started during the late 60s to discuss the mistreatment of people in larger bodies.
- Mealtime should be pleasurable, but for some of us, it becomes a battlefield.
- Obsession around food develops from deprivation around food! But this means food starts to develop TOO MUCH meaning, to the point that it interferes with our life.
- Our relationship with food is often a mirror image to how we’re relating to something or someone else in our life. It indicates an unmet need! We have everything within us to meet our needs, and so investigating what those needs are might be the key!
- What would it be like to no longer fight the power that food has in your life? What if you gave food the power that it wants, and gave yourself permission to spend more time with food? Or to bring new foods home? To eat them and appreciate them? Instead of fighting food, what if you gave it the power that it’s been yearning for? Connect with food in a way that gives you space to experiment!
- Julie Dillon RD blog
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace™ Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Food Peace™ Syllabus.
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition
- Eating Disorder Dietitians can help your Food Peace™ journey. Get access to one near you here.
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.