Do you feel that you’ve made peace with food, but are still struggling to make peace with your body? Have you gained weight on your anti-diet, intuitive eating journey, and are now trying to work through your emotions related to this weight gain? Are you feeling a loss from letting go of dieting? Listen now for some ways to get started on body peace and diet mourning.
- National Dieting Month has reached its end! CHEERS!
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave a review!! It really helps people who need to break free from dieting find the podcast and begin their journey to find food peace. Thank you to everyone who has left a review so far!
- For those of you early on in your intuitive eating journey, this letter writer lets us know that part of intuitive eating is learning that eating past fullness is uncomfortable, and therefore it just isn’t something we usually do when we have a healthy relationship with food. Sometimes we eat past fullness to be sure, it happens! But that isn’t the norm, and it doesn’t fill us with guilt anymore when we do eat past fullness.
- Recovery takes time… it’s a marathon, not a sprint! Connecting to your body can feel unsafe or uncomfortable in early recovery, so be patient when trying to tap into your intuition.
- Healthy eating includes flexibility!!
- The only way to learn how to rely on your own hunger, fullness, and satiety cues is trial and error.
- Intuitive eating = mindful eating = attuned eating.
- You are allowed to eat things JUST BECAUSE. Unconditional permission to eat is a super important part of intuitive eating, but it can be the scariest!
- Sometimes through intuitive eating we find that foods we were obsessed with during our disordered days are foods that we actually don’t even like.
- There is often a mourning process when we let go of dieting because dieting sells us the lie of a perfect, happy life. But don’t avoid that grief! Feel what you’re experiencing, and remember that this feeling won’t last forever.
- Seek out leaders in the body acceptance community to help you work through this grief.
- The next step is embracing the social justice aspect of diets, and fighting for marginalized groups in the body peace movement.
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Season 1’s Food Peace Syllabus.
- Intuitive Eating, 3rd ed. by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Body Respect by Linda Bacon and Lucy Aphramor
- Dietland by Sarai Walker
- Dr. Deah’s Calmanac by Deah Anne Schwartz <— This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition
- Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.
Click here to leave me a review in iTunes and subscribe. This type of kindness helps the show continue!
Thank you for listening to the Love, Food series. Give me feedback via Twitter @EatingPermitRD.
This episode is sponsored by my friends at Green Mountain at Fox Run.
Free 4-Week Email Course: #BeHerNow
It’s time to STOP putting your life on hold until you lose weight and START living the life you desire and deserve today! Register for our free 4-week #BeHerNow online course to learn how to transform your thoughts and behaviors so that the real you shines through…paving the way to a fuller, richer life. Explore how to shift your focus from weight to well-being, how to make lasting change from the inside out, and how to identify and realize what you really want and need. Registration for this series closes on Wednesday, February 1, so sign up today to receive the first email in the series on Thursday, February 2.
TAKE TIME TO INVEST IN YOU.
It’s time to shine the light on yourself and make YOURSELF the priority. Here at Green Mountain at Fox Run, we’re all about embracing and supporting yourself through self-care. Through powerful tools such as mindfulness techniques, stress management skills, and movement that is customized to your body and fitness level, you’ll learn to practice self-care in your daily life. Visit https://www.fitwoman.com/for more information.