What happens when the “simple” diet you were on starts to feel super complicated? Have you started struggling with a food plan that you were told would be easy? Listen now as my guest for this week, Robyn Goldberg, and I talk about how to manage this part of the Food Peace™ journey.
This episode is brought to you by my online course, Your Step-by-Step Guide to PCOS and Food Peace™. Sign up now to get on the waitlist for the next enrollment period, and receive my FREE road map: Your First 3 Steps Toward Food Peace™ with PCOS. You CAN make peace with food even with PCOS and I want to show you how
Product links may be affiliate. If you click and make a purchase, there’s no extra cost to you.
Episode’s Key Points:
- At the end of the day, diets are MESSY! Robyn Goldberg joins us to break down this week’s letter.
- Pregnancy can make our food rules escalate… our fitness regime might increase, and we might start getting super restrictive with our food choices.
- Eating disorders are the silent dilemma in sports injuries!
- Carbohydrates are our #1 fuel! Cutting them out takes a HUGE toll on our bodies. We need to re-educate ourselves on nutritional needs in way that aren’t influenced by diet culture, and learn how to nourish ourselves both through food and by other means.
- Find a nutritionist trained in eating disorders to guide you through this relearning process. You need the support! Our brains are inundated with diet culture and disordered ideas, and we need resources and support to help you on this journey. No one should have to recover on their own!
- Healthy eating includes pleasure, connection, and feeling at home in your own skin no matter your size.
- Julie Dillon RD blog
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace™ Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Food Peace™ Syllabus.
- The Tao of Eating by Linda Harper —> This week’s Food Peace™ Syllabus addition #1
- Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat? by Claire Mysko and Magali Amadeï —> This week’s Food Peace™ Syllabus addition #2
- The Ultimate Sports Nutrition by Ellen Coleman —> This week’s Food Peace™ Syllabus addition #3
- Jessica Setnick’s Love, Food Podcast episode
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- Find Robyn’s work on her website and her Instagram
- Eating Disorder Dietitians can help your Food Peace™ journey. Get access to one near you here.
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.