Do you think your chronic conditions make you a slave to rigid diets or chained to the scale? Do you have a long history of coping with your emotions via food and now want to find other ways to survive?? There is a way for you to heal your relationship with food AND find health. Listen now for insight.
- Hoarding, bingeing, and other related behaviors are the most common experiences from childhood dieting/restriction.
- I am sorry on behalf of all health and medical professionals for the oppression.
- You don’t have to choose health OR healing. Working on healing your relationship with food will help you promote health long term.
- Healing is not passive or giving up or weakness. Healing is an active process never passive.
- Fat on the body didn’t CAUSE the problems. Eating sugar didn’t CAUSE the problems. Being shamed in your body and not teaching you how to tolerate feelings caused the problems.
- Healing from Binge Eating Disorder (BED) takes on average 7 to 14 years.
- Restricting nutrients or calories may show favorable outcomes in short term yet worse in the long term especially if affected by BED.
- Keep the data! You need proof that you’re bingeing less as time goes on.
- Diabetes is a chronic progressive disease. It is always changing and slowly getting worse even if you do everything you can.
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER.
- Julie’s Dear Food Letter
- Ep 5: Help My Daughter Who Is Fat Like Me
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Your eating lessons from my time on season 2 of My Big Fat Fabulous Life
- Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.