Going to the chapel, going to get married…only if I am skinny enough. Wha??? Today’s letter writer struggles with body acceptance and can’t seem to lose weight. She wants to have her soon-to-be husband to make a contract: he can divorce her if she gains too much weight. Do you think this will give her the willpower to stay skinny? Do you think this will increase her motivation?
- Just say no to weight focused marriage contracts!
- Earth suits and pie in the sky views on unconditional love and marriage.
- “If it’s not about your weight, what would it be about?” Elizabeth Scott, LCSW from The Body Postive
- 4 transitions that seem to be high risk times to experience eating disorders.
- Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of all mental illnesses.
- Focusing on disordered eating keeps us from experiencing the present. What are these behaviors distracting you from?
- Willpower is a noun that does not belong with eating behaviors.
- The Body Positive
- Find an eating disorder team
- My wedding was perfect…And I was fat as hell the whole time By Lindy West
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Food Peace Syllabus additions:
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.