Have you struggled with yo-yo dieting, weight cycling, and weight gain? Are you trying to embrace your body, but finding it difficult in this moment? Listen now to hear Haley Goodrich and I tackle this part of the Food Peace™ journey.
This episode is brought to you by my online course, Your Step-by-Step Guide to PCOS and Food Peace™. Sign up now to get on the waitlist for the next enrollment period in April, and receive my FREE road map: Your First 3 Steps Toward Food Peace™ with PCOS. You CAN make peace with food even with PCOS and I want to show you how
Product links may be affiliate. If you click and make a purchase, there’s no extra cost to you.
Episode’s Key Points:
- Sometimes we may struggle with a disconnection from our body. Instead of listening to our internal cues, we focus on external measures like calories and other numbers. But we have to move away from this to find authentic health!
- The world is still really stuck in diet culture, and so we have to guard ourselves against the messaging around us!
- Support is ESSENTIAL to this process, especially from clinicians that understand Health at Every Size.
- We have to be sure that we’re getting ENOUGH food every day, and that we’re finding satisfaction from our food experiences in order to feel truly satiated.
- In this diet culture world, we actually might be UNDER eating! This can make our bodies think we’re starving, which leads to bingeing. Make sure you’re eating enough and eating a VARIETY of foods!
- It’s also important to make sure that we’ve fully made peace with ALL foods! This is a part of intuitive eating, and will help you to balance your eating behaviors. Having true permission to eat can transform your relationship with food and can even help you to honor your body overall, which can help support body acceptance and body respect.
- Common aches and pains happen to people in ALL body sizes! If someone blames your knee pain on your size, they’re being fatphobic, PERIOD!! By allowing your body to be where it wants to be, you’re actually giving yourself the best opportunity to heal.
- All of diet culture is about MONEY!
- Julie Dillon RD blog
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace™ Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Food Peace™ Syllabus.
- Vaishya, Raju, et al. “Is total knee replacement justified in the morbidly obese? A systematic review.” Cureus 8.9 (2016) and the accompanying Instagram meme
- “What to Say at the Doctor’s Office” by Ragen Chastain —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #1
- Providing Sensitive Care for People of All Sizes by Linda Bacon —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #2
- Find Haley’s work on her website, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook Page
- Eating Disorder Dietitians can help your Food Peace™ journey. Get access to one near you here.
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.